Great Extended Essay Topics List
The extended essay isn't something that students get regularly assigned to write. It is a specialized research paper of up to 4000 words that people who undergo the two-year International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (or IBDP) have to prepare in order to be eligible for receiving the said diploma. High school students who complete the programme receive an opportunity to make their college application look more attractive for the committee, as well as obtain some unique interdisciplinary knowledge. Writing an extended essay is a way for students to conduct independent research and practice the authorship skills that they've picked up while taking the IB classes.
Among other requirements for the extended essay, there is a point about topics. According to conventional rules of IBDP, the candidates may choose the topic of their own interest. Yet, it mustn't be too narrow as the volume of the essay is quite large, making it hard for the author to provide enough information to fill up all the space (and stuffing your article with useless data just to up the word count is a strict no-no).
Naturally, you can't just come up with a proper issue to develop on the go. Lucky for you, our experts know all about the IBDP and are ready to aid you with finding the inspiration!
Tips on How to Select IB Extended Essay Topics
As we've already mentioned, there are specific requirements that the IB candidate has to adhere to when selecting the topic for their extended essay.
First of all, find what you actually want to explore. The purpose of the IB programme is to engage students in the subjects that are outside of their comfort zone. The programme was established with the goal of thorough interdisciplinary education that wouldn't be bothersome for those receiving it. It means that you have to go with something that excites you and challenges you to study and research.
Second of all, the IB programme offers several classes, and the topic of your extended essay (or EE, how it's usually called) should correlate to one of those classes. Although it isn't a must, it still would beneficial for you to explore something that will help you pass your examination easier later on. But, of course, as IBDP is a liberal and engaging programme that encourages its students to pursue studying everything they can lay their hands on. Interdisciplinary extended essays are very welcome, so you have an opportunity to choose two subjects you're most interested in and combine them into one research paper.
Be that as it may, the topic for your essay is an essential thing that must be chosen carefully and with high precision. We are here to present you a list of no less than 64 topics and ideas that will hopefully boost your productivity and help you find your way in the confusing world of extended essay writing.
Amazing Psychology Extended Essay Topics for Students
Psychology is quite a utility when it comes to helping people jump over hurdles in almost any life situation. Thus, even if you aren't going to build a career in this crowded market, writing an essay on psychology will likely help you learn the new and useful facets of your own self.
- How to maintain a good relationship with your husband after divorce?
- Is it possible to change your attitude toward stressful situations?
- What techniques to use in order to cure a personality disorder?
- Can bullying somehow influence the personality development?
- What factors can make a person commit suicide?
- Game addiction in kids. Is it necessary to treat it?
- What particular things can block the personality development? What things stop you from being happy?
- What parental style to choose in order to bring up a happy kid?
- Should teenagers work? How does it influence their behavior?
The Easiest Biology Extended Essay Topics for IB Students
If biology is your favorite subject and you really adore writing various lab reports, or you like making simple investigations, you won't face difficulties with this task. If you are in search of the inspiration, welcome to our proposal below:
- What techniques to use in order to cure Mutant Myeloma cells?
- Study the after-effects of psychoactive medicine on the urination system of a patient.
- What things can help you get rid of a headache?
- Can different food additives influence the state of your digestive system?
- What is the effect of a too strict diet on mental performance of an individual?
- Why losing weight is impossible without physical exercise?
- What do scholars do to find the remedy for treating cancer?
- Can your body absorb Polyglycolide?
Check out our List of History Extended Essay Topics
When it comes to historical records, you should be very attentive and selective when choosing the subject. In fact, there is an awful lot of different resources these days. Thus, you should double check them before you start writing. Look through our list of great ideas and select the one you like the most:
- The Mayan Civilization: did it really exist and what can prove it?
- Describe the period of Mongol invasions.
- Is it possible to improve today's society without knowing its history?
- Which American president did more for the development of the country?
- Study and analyze the after-effects of the Black Death eruption.
Interesting English Extended Essay Topics
Do you learn English as a foreign language? Adore this subject? Then you'll definitely appreciate one of our topics listed below:
- Can you describe how literature can influence the development of the modern language?
- What is your attitude toward racial conflicts? Can modern society live without them?
- What do you think of the Shakespeare's plays? Are they still relevant today?
- Is it possible to learn English in a few weeks? What techniques are the most useful to achieve this?
- What is the role of mass media in the development of the modern colloquial speech?
- Why shouldn't we use archaisms in the modern speech?
Gnostic Geography Extended Essay Topics
As is well-known, this area is in demand among the few students. Hence, you'll hardly find a person who hates this subject. Besides, it is not a difficult topic to cover as the web is full of resources on this subject.
- Can geography somehow influence the relationship between different people?
- What techniques are used nowadays to explore the sea?
- Analyze the main cause of the volcanic explosion. What volcano is the most dangerous for the human beings?
- What hindrance the majority of African countries to climb out of poverty?
- You live in a prosperous and economically developed country. Does this influence the environment negatively?
- How to keep rivers clean?
- What continent is the oldest one on Earth?
Every essay writing dilemma
can be solved right now!
What Physics Extended Essay Topics to Prefer?
If you are one of those students who decided to dedicate their lives to the exact sciences, you'll surely see the true value of one of these topics:
- Can octocopters become the prototype of future flying vehicles?
- What is the Oberth Effect in astronautics?
- When and how does rainbow appear?
- Can you explain the phenomenon of the ACE gene?
- How does thunder appear?
- What particular aspects can influence the gravity?
Fascinating Chemistry Extended Essay Topics
It is likely that fewer students would prefer this subject because not all of them are real chemists adept in this field. Are you one of them? Read on!
- Analyze all benefits of the organic food for a patient's health.
- Is it possible to produce food without pesticides?
- Can blister prolong the shelf life of some products?
- What are the key symptoms of the vitamin deficiency?
- What kind of vitamins, natural or synthetic, influence health better?
- Is it possible to transform yeast into a useful biofuel?
Math Extended Essay Topics for Goal-Oriented Students
- Why is it so important for every person to study math?
- Who was the true inventor of algebra?
- What tools and techniques should we use to improve the knowledge of geometry in high schools?
- Analyze the contribution of Archimedes and Euclid in the development of math?
- Discuss all the positive and negative aspects of Venn Diagrams.
- What online software products can help students enhance their skills in math?
- Review the works of well-known mathematicians.
What are the Easiest English Literature Extended Essay Topics?
If you are a creative person and adore reading, you'll definitely like one of the topics below:
- How does J. Baldwin showcase racism movements in his books?
- What is your attitude toward modern writers? Are they worth attention?
- Read one of the books written by E. Bronte and explain how she showcases religion.
- Read absolutely any novel, pick up one character, and write about their transformations.
- What techniques did American writers use with the aim to describe the environment in their books?
Useful and Easy Economic Extended Essay Topics
- Can the high cost of petrol affect the economy of the country?
- The problem of prisoners in your country.
- Can anti-tobacco law reduce the number of visitors in restaurants?
- Can immigrants improve the development of the farming industry?
- Cash advance loans and their effect on the country's economy.
Who Can Help you?
As you can see, the possible topic for your extended essay is waiting for you to find and explore it! Don't stress over this task when you have countless more to complete, not only for your IBDP but also your school. We've already done half the job for you. And you know, you might as well trust our custom writing website! Just hit us up on our live chat or via e-mail, and our seasoned experts will promptly come to your aid. Good luck!back to all posts